Rosal Colon is a born and raised New Yorker with Puerto Rican roots. She grew up in a theater family with her parents founding Pregones Theater almost 40 years ago in the South Bronx. It was here where Rosal fell in love with theater, the craft of acting and community.
She continued her studies at LaGuardia High School for the Performing Arts where she studied acting and went on to acting conservatory at SUNY Purchase. Upon graduating, she landed her first Broadway show at Lincoln Center, “A Free Man of Color.” She continued working in theaters on and off Broadway, most notably the Pulitzer Prize winning play “Between Riverside and Crazy“ by Stephen Adly Guirgis. She recently finished the Broadway run in 2023 which garnered a TONY nomination for Best Play.
Rosal’s first major entry in TV was joining the 4th season of “Orange is The New Black.” She shot 27 consecutive episodes, describing the experience as an absolute dream and a great teacher in the art of TV and film. She continued on with some other guest spots on shows like “Elementary,” “Madam Secretary” and “New Amsterdam” until she booked a recurring role on “Power Book 3: Raising Kanan.” Rosal has appeared in the first three seasons and the third season will be out this summer.
THAT ONE AUDITION’S LINKS:
For exclusive content surrounding this and all podcast episodes, sign up for our amazing newsletter at AlyshiaOchse.com. And don’t forget to snap and post a photo while listening to the show and tag me: @alyshiaochse & @thatoneaudition
- YOUTUBE: Subscribe to That One Audition Podcast’s Video Interviews on YouTube
- TNTT ACTING MEMBERSHIP: The Bridge for Actors
- CONSULTING: Get 1-on-1 advice for your acting career from Alyshia Ochse
- COACHING: Get personalized coaching from Alyshia on your next audition or role
- INSTAGRAM: @alyshiaochse
- INSTAGRAM: @thatoneaudition
- WEBSITE: AlyshiaOchse.com
- ITUNES: Subscribe to That One Audition on iTunes
- SPOTIFY: Subscribe to That One Audition on Spotify
- STITCHER: Subscribe to That One Audition on Stitcher
- WRITER: Erin McCluskey
- WEBSITE & GRAPHICS: Chase Jennings
- ASSISTANT: Elle Powell
- SOCIAL OUTREACH: Alara Ceri