Any Exit Out of Anxiety
Yes, we made it through 2020. Barely. And this Wednesday is the last #WednesdayWisdom of the so-called dumpster fire year. I wanted to end with soothing and practical wisdom from one of my great healers Nicola Salter. Anxiety is a jumbled mess of saying that your body is looking for “any exit” to not feel the cortisol dump that is happening. So here are some recommendations to immediately give the healthy exit for anxiety – whether you are trying to avoid a family catastrophe this holiday season or stepping back into the audition room.
Nicola Salter is an international Mentor, Quantum Field Practitioner, Heart Math Coach, Educator, Author.
To manage your anxiety (during this holiday season) and build more coherence prior to and during an audition, I recommend you practice some breath-work called Heart Focused Breathing. This is a quick and easy technique to reset your emotions, and rewire your brain. It is used widely to calm anxiety on the spot and help you become centered.
- Simply inhale through your nose and exhale out through your mouth for a count of 4-6.
- Focus on the center of your chest and imagine your breath flowing in and out of your heart
- Activate a feeling of gratitude for someone, or a place , or animal in your life that fills you up with thankfulness, or a time that you can feel proud of
- Anchor this gratitude into your heart
Practice this for at least 3-4 minutes and notice how your mood changes and how you calm down.
You can also add the use of lavender essential oil, simply by adding a couple of drops to your temples and the back of your neck. When you smell Lavender it releases serotonin and dopamine from the brain to calm you down.
You can find a video and more details of these calming techniques in How to Calm and Decode Your Emotions, Your Self Care Toolkit to Overcome Stress, Anxiety and Overwhelm.
- COURSE: How to Decode and Calm Your Emotions: Your Self-Care Tool Kit for Overcoming Stress, Anxiety and Overwhelm
- WEBSITE: NicolaSalter.com
- WRITER: Lizzy Dalla Betta
- SOUND DESIGN: Zachary Jameson
- WEBSITE & GRAPHICS: Chase Jennings
- ASSISTANT: Elle Powell
- SOCIAL OUTREACH: Bebe Katsenes